Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Cam was better than Tommy (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8519)

Cam's Surprise 01/15/18 03:32 PM

Cam was better than Tommy

Its easy to compare the two because they were both Green Rangers. In a lot of ways they are also the two best Sixth Rangers.

I think Cam is a better character who has more vulnerabilities. We get to see him grow from an ally to a Ranger. Becoming a Ranger or anything even close to a Ninja was harder for him. Since his father promised his mother he wouldn't train him.

Calamity Kimberly 01/15/18 04:24 PM

Re: Cam was better than Tommy

Cam wasn't bad. But Tommy is hands down the best Green Ranger. He was just so cool and the Green Ranger Powers Arch made the show.

KimandTommy 01/15/18 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calamity Kimberly (Post 72736)
Cam wasn't bad. But Tommy is hands down the best Green Ranger. He was just so cool and the Green Ranger Powers Arch made the show.

Yes, Tommy all the way! And lets not forget the vreat leading lady he had. Kimberly helped make Tommy the great character that he turned out to be.

No Green Spandex 01/16/18 11:03 PM

This is going to surprise most people. But I am going to say Green Ranger Tommy was better. He was the one that put Sixth Rangers on the map. His storyline made MMPR. If you want vunerable, look at his power loss storyline. His story would have been perfect if it wasn't for the White Ranger arch. "Green No More" should have been it. It was after that when Tommy became unbearable and damaging to the rest of the series.

Jen's Revenge 01/16/18 11:10 PM

Cam felt like more of a three demensional character. Tommy was good for his time thpeugh.

Ranger Black 01/17/18 12:32 PM

I agree. Cam was a much more well rounded character than Tommy. And dare I say more likeable?

Massive Ego 01/17/18 06:36 PM

Cam is the only character I can stand in Ninja Storm. But he is not a better Green Ranger than Tommy.

Ninja Storm Fan 01/17/18 06:38 PM

Cam is the only Green Ranger I care about. He was an amazing character in the only season that I care about.

PRangerX 01/18/18 11:44 AM

Its hard for me to say who was better if you just go by their time as Green Rangers. Tommy obviously meant the most to the franchise. So I guess I have to pick him. I will say I like how Cam was his own character and not a Tommy Clone. The best Sixth Rangers bring their own unique character traits to the table.

MattEmily 01/18/18 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 72995)
Its hard for me to say who was better if ypu just go by their time as Green Rangers. Tommy obviously meant the most to the franchise. So I guess I have to pick him. I will say I like how Cam was his own character and not a Tommy Clone. The best Sixth Rangers bring their own unique character traits to the table.

wow long message for a tablet post but anyway I pretty much agree except for the part where it's hard for me to decide who is the better Green Ranger since it'd be Cam if you just go between him and Tommy

PRangerX 01/18/18 11:55 AM

You know me too well lol.

White Spandex Rules 01/18/18 11:57 AM

I liked Green Ranger Tommy. But I actually liked Oliver best as White Ranger.

MattEmily 01/18/18 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 73002)
You know me too well lol.

yup that I do

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Spandex Rules (Post 73003)
I liked Green Ranger Tommy. But I actually liked Oliver best as White Ranger.

agreed but for me it'd be the Season 2 White Ranger

KimandTommy 01/18/18 05:01 PM

Tommy was great at whatever he did. But his time as Green and White is my fav.

Geki's Pride 01/18/18 05:14 PM

I'm goinf to vote Tommy. But Cam isn't too far behind.

Captain Codfish 01/19/18 12:32 PM

I am going to go with Cam. Everything came easy for Tommy when it came to becoming a Ranger. Cam had to fight just to have a right to be a Ranger.

White Spandex Rules 01/19/18 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 73043)
I am going to go with Cam. Everything came easy for Tommy when it came to becoming a Ranger. Cam had to fight just to have a right to be a Ranger.

Tommy got put under an evil spell and later lost his powers. I wouldn't call any of that easy.

KimandTommy 01/19/18 12:35 PM

Yes it was amazing what Tommy did. He fought to get his powers back for Kimberly. Which is why its so unbelievable he moved on from her so easily.

No Green Spandex 01/19/18 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73045)
Yes it was amazing what Tommy did. He fought to get his powers back for Kimberly. Which is why its so unbelievable he moved on from her so easily.

He fought to get the power coins back for everyone and their parents. Loving Kimberly had nothing to do with it.

Tommy was poorly!y written after he became White Ranger and that carried through for the rest of his run. I am not surprisee he just moved on too Kat so easily.

Byron Stinger 01/19/18 12:39 PM

I wouldn't say he easily moved on from her. First of all she broke up with him. And he spent a whole three part episode trying to get over it. And he didn'tr start a relationship with Kat until months later.

MattEmily 01/19/18 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 73046)
He fought to get the power coins back for everyone and their parents. Loving Kimberly had nothing to do with it.

I think she was partially referring to the battle in the 3rd season but you're right in either situation loving her has nothing to do with it since he was a Ranger.

Vida The Vampire Slayer 01/19/18 05:31 PM

I am gonna say Cam. He was more relatable as a character.I liked that he was a brainy guy who could still handle himself well in a fight. Tthe Green Samurai Powers were also just too damn cool.

KimandTommy 01/19/18 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73048)
I think she was partially referring to the battle in the 3rd season but you're right in either situation loving her has nothing to do with it since he was a Ranger.

Actually, I was talking about when he had to get the power coins from Goldar in season 1. I think his love for Kimberly motivated Tommy to fight for the Rangers.

But your right to mention season 3. Since thats an even better example. Tommy fought to save Kim 's life from Zedd. Not to mention supported her when she thought she was losing her powers.

Massive Ego 01/19/18 05:36 PM

You should have used season 3. That makes more sense if your talmong about Tommy fighting for Kim. Tommy fought for the coins in season 1 for all the Rangers. They were his friends.

No Green Spandex 01/19/18 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 73058)
You should have used season 3. That makes more sense if your talmong about Tommy fighting for Kim. Tommy fought for the coins in season 1 for all the Rangers. They were his friends.

Yeah thats what I said regarding season 1. She definitely should have used season 3.

Saban Fan 01/20/18 05:53 PM

Cam feels like a Saban Ranger. I wonder if Sloan talked to Saban and got some unofficial advice? Afterall Saban created the original Green Ranger.

Sensei Ranger 01/25/18 12:13 PM

Cam was the more interesting character to me as well. He felt more relatable and I really got into his dream of becoming a Power Rangsr.