Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Doomsday have been the finale? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8336)

Bandora's Ghost 12/13/17 08:10 AM

Should Doomsday have been the finale?

Do you think MMPR season 1 would have made more semse if that episode was the finale as intended?

Astro Omega 12/13/17 11:37 AM

Re: Should Doomsday have been the finale?

Then you miss out on Tommy's return plot and a lot of good standalones. It would have been nice if Season 1 had a real finalie though. I guess you could say Mutiny is kinda a season 1 finale and season 2 premiere at once.

MattEmily 12/13/17 12:03 PM

only to a point I don't think Rita and her minions should've captured and trapped in the dumpster I think only Rita should've been trapped in the dumpster but you make it appear as if the others are being trapped but you cut away before you see the others go into the urn that way you don't know if they're trapped or not and have an easy way out. Rita wouldn't have had any powers to avoid being caught up in the dumpster but Goldar and Scorpina would. We don't know if Finster, Squatt and Baboo are capable of any "skills" (other than their obvious ones) since they don't ever fight.

Bridge's Brigade 12/13/17 09:25 PM

That way you could have Zedd show up to take over in her absence rather than knock her out. It also allows for Rita to return and marry Zedd without the love potion being needed.

VR Master 12/13/17 09:26 PM

I could see Lokar sending Zedd to take over for Rita. And Rota returning to marry Zedd like you said.

Goldy Fan 12/13/17 09:27 PM

Or you could have Goldar summon him since the minions would be lost without a
leader.

Green Alien Ranger 12/13/17 10:06 PM

I could see them doing another finalie like it but Toei didn't produce one in the Zyu2 footage.

MattEmily 12/13/17 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldy Fan (Post 70368)
Or you could have Goldar summon him sknce the minions would be lost without a leader.

I could see Goldar trying to run things himself but mostly failing at it. Scorpina and Finster are usually the ones who accomplish things that way you can still use the remaining Zyu2 footage as is meaning Tommy would lose his powers and then he would later get them back only difference is he would lose them for good at the end of the season so instead of Oysterizer being the final monster it'd be Turban Shell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Alien Ranger (Post 70375)
I could see them doing another finalie like it but Toei didn't produce one in the Zyu2 footage.

that wouldn't matter. 1.5 footage only included newly-shot scenes of Rita, Goldar, Scorpina, Finster, Squatt and Baboo mostly of them in the Palace.
Zyu2 just included monster fights (including some Putty fights) they didn't shoot any fights against Rita or any of her minions.

Zabitan 12/13/17 10:46 PM

I think it should have but at the same time I also would have liked it if they adapted Kai as an early version of Thrax, and had him be played by Wendy Lee doing her T.K. voice.

MMPR Supreme 12/13/17 11:43 PM

It would have made a great finale but I wouldn't want to give up the extra episodes.