Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What was Toei thinking? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8583)

White Spandex Rules 02/06/18 12:38 PM

What was Toei thinking?

With the whole making Kibaranger be a kid thing? After they had such a good storyline for Burai? Then they did the same type of kid storyline with Ohranger.

Turbo Guy 02/06/18 12:39 PM

Re: What was Toei thinking?

I don't really follow Sentai. But having a Kid Hero sounds good to me. I loved it shen PR did it with Justin. And wish they would do it again.

Captain Codfish 02/06/18 12:42 PM

As much as people think of Zyuranger being dark. It really wasn't overall. As they had a alot of random kid episodes. Toei just took it a step further with Kibaranger and King Ranger.

Quantum Blue 02/06/18 12:57 PM

At least Kibaranger had a good backstory.

Ninja Steel Ranger 02/06/18 07:28 PM

I didn't know Kibaranger was a kid. That sounds pretty crazy. I didn't think Sentai would do that.

MattEmily 02/06/18 08:15 PM

not only Kibaranger but so was Riki their KingRanger

Zordon's Heroes 02/06/18 08:16 PM

I think Toei just wasn't sure what to do with the Sixth Ranger dynamic at the time. They probably thought the kid Rangers would appeal to their young audience. It is odd there was no Sixth in Kukuranyer or Carranger.

MattEmily 02/06/18 08:26 PM

agreed with you with Kakuranger and while there wasn't a 6th Ranger in Carranger they technically considered Signalman as the team's official 6th member and I think Ninjaman was supposed to represent the 6th Kakuranger member as well

Bandora's Ghost 02/06/18 10:18 PM

They were probably trying to make him totally different from Burai.

Chaos Ranger 02/06/18 11:01 PM

I agree, Kibaranger and King Ranger were both wierd ideas. And they really didn't work at all.