Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Shouldn't Dana been leader of the team? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5145)

lferrigon-1 10/29/14 05:54 PM

Shouldn't Dana been leader of the team?

Since she probably had more training then the rest of them, it seemed that she should have been team leader.

thotuknew 10/29/14 05:55 PM

Re: Shouldn't Dana been leader of the team?

Dana is great but no leader and her father would have been a fool to pretend so. Besides every incarnation of PR has not had a female red ranger the whole show. MMPR had the red aqua ranger and SPD had the A squad red ranger. That's if I'm not correct about the aqua ranger red being female.

jabber1990 10/29/14 05:56 PM

she had no leadership experience, she's probably been a "yes man" her whole life

lferrigon-1 10/29/14 05:56 PM

Good points Thanks for the replies.

PRangerX 10/29/14 08:45 PM

Based on the first episode it seemed like she should be. Plus her backstory made it seem more plausibe than Carter leading the team. But as the season went on Dana didnt show many leadership qualities like she did in the first episode. Carter seemed like the most qualified after this.

MattEmily 10/29/14 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lferrigon-1 (Post 46962)
Since she probably had more training then the rest of them, it seemed that she should have been team leader.

I agree with you there due to her training.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thotuknew (Post 46963)
Dana is great but no leader and her father would have been a fool to pretend so. Besides every incarnation of PR has not had a female red ranger the whole show. MMPR had the red aqua ranger and SPD had the A squad red ranger. That's if I'm not correct about the aqua ranger red being female.

How can we say she isn't a leader? We can't. None of the others were qualified to be leaders - not even Carter. He didn't have any leadership experience.
Also you are partially correct with the Alien Rangers, their Red Ranger was a male but he was not their leader. The Alien Rangers' leader was Delphine, their female White Ranger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabber1990 (Post 46964)
she had no leadership experience, she's probably been a "yes man" her whole life

So? Carter had no leadership experience. Being a Firefighter doesn't qualify him as a leader.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 46985)
Based on the first episode it seemed like she should be. Plus her backstory made it seem more plausibe than Carter leading the team. But as the season went on Dana didnt show many leadership qualities like she did in the first episode. Carter seemed like the most qualified after this.

I agree with you there that the first episode made it seem like Dana should have been the leader along with the whole backstory with her Father training her for it for her whole life.
True Dana didn't show many leadership qualities but that's because Carter was the leader so she didn't need to.

PRangerX 10/29/14 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 46988)
I agree with you there due to her training.

How can we say she isn't a leader? We can't. None of the others were qualified to be leaders - not even Carter. He didn't have any leadership experience.
Also you are partially correct with the Alien Rangers, their Red Ranger was a male but he was not their leader. The Alien Rangers' leader was Delphine, their female White Ranger.

So? Carter had no leadership experience. Being a Firefighter doesn't qualify him as a leader.

I agree with you there that the first episode made it seem like Dana should have been the leader along with the whole backstory with her Father training her for it for her whole life.
True Dana didn't show many leadership qualities but that's because Carter was the leader so she didn't need to.

Its like they intended for Dana to be a stronger character in the beginning but went in a different direction.

MattEmily 10/29/14 09:05 PM

yup which is disappointing to say the least.