Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should the Psycho Rangers come back? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8406)

Astro Omega 12/22/17 11:18 AM

Should the Psycho Rangers come back?

They seem to have ways to come bacm even when you think they are done for. Should they be brought back for the show?

MattEmily 12/22/17 11:28 AM

Re: Should the Psycho Rangers come back?

it'd be nice for them to come back but it'd be problematic since both variations of their suits would be damaged.

PRangerX 12/22/17 11:31 AM

Yes , I was going to say that i wasn't even sure if the suits existed. So much was lost, damaged, or destroyed since then.

Sailor Saban 12/22/17 11:32 AM

I could see Saban deciding to bring them back someday. They have to be one of his favorite creations.

Sentai Rules 12/22/17 11:33 AM

Only if they come back in a Super Sentai Series.

Sentai Envy 12/22/17 11:34 AM

The Psychos were a crap adaption anyway. Watch Megaranger for the real thing

Sentai Is Forever 12/22/17 11:35 AM

Yes even when American Sentai uses a lot of Sentai Footage they often don't get it right. Space was a terrible adaptation of Megaranger anyway.

MattEmily 12/22/17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 71022)
Yes , I was going to say that i wasn't even sure if the suits existed. So much was lost, damaged, or destroyed since then.

even if the suits existed they wouldn't be usable due to how old they'd be. Their zippers would be sticking among other things.

Massive Ego 12/22/17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 71027)
Yes even when American Sentai uses a lot of Sentai Footage they often don't get it right. Space was a terrible adaptation of Megaranger anyway.

Megaranger is lame when you compare to PRIS.

Sentai Master 12/22/17 11:38 AM

Now, Now...Both series are good in their own ways. Megaranger worked for Super Sentai and Space worked for PR .I can't see them bringing back the Psycho Rangers now though.

Inner Senshi 12/22/17 11:40 AM

I don't know a lot about Sentai but PRIS was a good season. I wouldn't mind seeing the Psychos make a come back.

Goldar's Revenge 12/22/17 11:41 AM

I really can't see it being likely. Especially with the old suits damaged or worse.

MattEmily 12/22/17 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 71032)
I really can't see it being likely. Especially with the old suits damaged or worse.

my guess is the latter they're probably like the Zyuranger suits by now most of them didn't even survive by the time they got to California

No Green Spandex 12/22/17 05:13 PM

The Ninja Steel Rangers can become the new Psychos Rangers after they realize they have to deal with Tommy next season.

Billy in The Middle 12/22/17 06:43 PM

I'd really like to see it but I don't see a storyline reason to bring them back. I don't see them being able to replicate or fix the old suits.

MattEmily 12/22/17 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy in The Middle (Post 71060)
I'd really like to see it but I don't see a storyline reason to bring them back. I don't see them being able to replicate or fix the old suits.

they wouldn't be the ones who would be replicating the suits they would be paying Toei to do so

Billy in The Middle 12/22/17 07:02 PM

Very true, which is still costly.

Cassie Zhane 12/23/17 12:04 AM

I would love this. Even if it could only be one lf them. Psycho Pink shows that one of them can still be interesting.

MattEmily 12/23/17 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 71026)
The Psychos were a crap adaption anyway. Watch Megaranger for the real thing

now that's laughable considering the Psycho Rangers were a copy-and-paste of their counterparts; the Nejirangers

Captain Mutiny 12/23/17 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71083)
now that's laughable considering the Psycho Rangers were a copy-and-paste of their counterparts; the Nejirangers

So copying and pasting Sentai isn't enough for these guys now lol.

A Gia To Remember 12/24/17 09:54 AM

It did seem like they used a lot of the sentai footage for the Psychos.

Bandora's Ghost 12/24/17 09:56 AM

I don't get what more they could have done to adapt the Nejirangers Footage?The Psycho Saga followed the storyline closely.

Sentai Snob 12/24/17 09:58 AM

I'm gonna have to disagree with my fellow Snobs. The Nejirangers were perfect and the highlight of American Sentai In Space.

Blank Ranger 12/24/17 10:12 AM

I think it would be a cool plot flr an anniversy episode down the line .

Super Rad 12/24/17 05:25 PM

Anything from the good seasons would be a welcomed change.

Ransik Lives 12/24/17 06:00 PM

The Psycho's were always overrated and I just don't see a reason to bring them back now.

Forever Jason 12/25/17 04:47 PM

I wouldn't be against it but I don't see it happening.

MattEmily 12/26/17 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 71022)

not so much lost but rather auctioned off, damaged or destroyed.

Hexagon Ranger 12/26/17 12:08 PM

It would be cool of there was an Anti-Hexagon run by villians. I could see them bringing back the Psychos. Even if its off screen.

MattEmily 12/26/17 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexagon Ranger (Post 71170)
It would be cool of there was an Anti-Hexagon run by villians. I could see them bringing back the Psychos. Even if its off screen.

or more like a side faction of the UAE (United Alliance of Evil) where villains that escaped, weren't destroyed or weren't dusted ended up becoming a part of.

Tzachor Era 12/26/17 12:38 PM

If Tzachor was still around, it could happen. He made the call to reuse the Beetleborg's suits.

Ginger Snap 12/26/17 12:53 PM

Well they did come back in Galaxy.

MattEmily 12/26/17 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzachor Era (Post 71182)
If Tzachor was still around, it could happen. He made the call to reuse the Beetleborg's suits.

no he didn't that was Koichi's idea and the suits were still in usable condition since it hadn't been that long since B-Fighter the last ep of B-Fighter was in '96 and Wild Force aired in 2002 so the B-Fighter suits probably were close to their shelf life as were the B-Fighter Kabuto suits also even if Tzachor was still around it (in regards to the Psychos I mean) wouldn't be happening since he would still be on his cheap shtick.

Sentai Rules 12/26/17 02:30 PM

It all up to Super Sentai and how they decide to recreate those characters or not. I don't expect them to go back there though.

MattEmily 12/26/17 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Rules (Post 71216)
It all up to Super Sentai and how they decide to recreate those characters or not. I don't expect them to go back there though.

hard to know what Toei will do though I mean who would've thought they would've re-created Daizyujin?

Ninja Ranger 12/31/17 11:55 AM

I think its better to leave the Psycho Rangers in the past.

Miki1988 12/31/17 01:40 PM

Agreed. The characters were written off the show in PRLG. It's bad enough that they began reusing old monsters even during MMPR. Not to mention Gasket's arena in Zeo. The Psycho Rangers were actually well-written characters with an amazing storyline. Bringing them back would just undo the awesome ending they had.

I'm actually thankful that they didn't use them in Forever Red, or any other anniversary or crossover episode.

MattEmily 12/31/17 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miki1988 (Post 71498)
Agreed. The characters were written off the show in PRLG. It's bad enough that they began reusing old monsters even during MMPR. Not to mention Gasket's arena in Zeo. The Psycho Rangers were actually well-written characters with an amazing storyline. Bringing them back would just undo the awesome ending they had.

I'm actually thankful that they didn't use them in Forever Red, or any other anniversary or crossover episode.

Old monster suits are one thing (most were re-purposed so you couldn't tell anyway) but in the case of seeing previous identical suits in Zeo yes that was bad not so much in MMPR though since at least there was a purpose for them.
Bringing the Psychos back wouldn't undo the ending they had.

Bandai Guy 01/01/18 10:26 AM

I think it could happen if Saban Brands gets Bandai to do it. But there has to be an angle for Bandai that invovles selling toys.

Gold Ranger In Danger 01/01/18 10:53 AM

I would have liked to have seen a psycho silver.