Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Power Rangers 2013 News - (Good News For Goseiger and Gokaiger Fans) (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4494)

GSXT 06/11/12 03:15 PM

Power Rangers 2013 News - (Good News For Goseiger and Gokaiger Fans)

pr 2013 base on goseiger
gosei is guardian of earth with tesou the helper
warstar and etc be in pr 2013
GO GO PR MEGAFORCE

MattEmily 06/11/12 03:45 PM

Re: Power Rangers 2013 News - (Bad News For Gokaiger Fans)

Indeed, this is true.

Quote:

Saban Brands will launch the newest version of Power Rangers, the number-one kids action series on television, with Power Rangers Megaforce . The all new series, which premieres in 2013, will deliver mega action, humor, excitement, and entertainment, in addition to the core themes of friendship, teamwork, fitness, and helping others. Power Rangers Megaforce will air as Saban Brands celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise.

“Power Rangers continues to delight fans of all ages, even nearly 20 years after it was first introduced to kids across the world,” said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. “We are excited to continue the success we’ve experienced with our partnership with Nickelodeon and introduce fans everywhere to a MEGA- installment in 2013.”

Power Rangers Megaforce introduces a plot line that is sure to captivate audiences with exciting new characters, villains, and high-octane action. The new series features Gosei, a supernatural guardian who for centuries, has protected the earth with his robotic aide, Tensou. But when the evil Warstar aliens begin their massive invasion, Gosei calls upon five teenagers with attitude to form the ultimate team...the Power Rangers Megaforce!

When the teens morph into Power Rangers, they gain superhuman strength, agility, and mastery over martial arts. In addition to defending earth against the Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound. In order to face these new threats, the Power Rangers Megaforce unlock powerful battle modes to fight their adversaries. Go Go Power Rangers! – fans can look forward to all new MEGA adventures in 2013.

Taken from Virtual Press Office

GSXT 06/11/12 05:14 PM

maybe tesou be owl and gosei be wizard

MattEmily 06/11/12 06:41 PM

Quote:

Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound.
Not likely. That description describes the Goseiger villains unless they're combining both into the same show.

Wolf Warrior 06/11/12 08:42 PM

I still think the goseiger's pr name could be better. Like power rangers angel force, Want to bet it will have a zeo like opening song to.

MattEmily 06/11/12 10:11 PM

Can't be Angel. That's 1 of those forbidden things much like God, Heaven and other things like that are.

GSXT 06/11/12 10:52 PM

rember goseiger got tesou swords come super goseiger
power ranger megaforce getting megaforce swords come power rangers super mega force

LePage 06/12/12 08:50 AM

Power Rangers Megaforce Poster and Logo:

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/powe...tml#post985340

LePage 06/12/12 09:30 AM

Power Rangers Megaforce premieres early 2013 with 22 episodes including holiday specials:

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...icensing-expo/

MattEmily 06/12/12 11:08 AM

Thanks LePage for saving me the trouble.

Mad Dragon 06/12/12 11:34 AM

Oh well... I assume alot of us were kind of gunning for Gokaiger.... But Goseiger's decent as well. If they can pull Buredoran off as well as it's Sentai Counterpart did, it might be pretty good.

I just really can't get the whole thing about Toei saying they were refilming the Legend War. If this is true, and we do get Goseiger and Goseiger doesn't turn out to using the anniversary element of Gokaiger, then is Saban really going to let that Footage sit on the Shelf for 2 years before they use it?

LePage 06/12/12 12:07 PM

Power Rangers Megaforce Branding:

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...rce-marketing/

Also, Fury Diamond is meeting with Saban reps either today or tomorrow at the Expo and is taking questions in this thread. So I suggest to post there if you have any:

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/powe...megaforce.html

LePage 06/12/12 12:57 PM

From MarioRanger:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5775/31031661.jpg

MattEmily 06/12/12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dragon (Post 44061)
Oh well... I assume alot of us were kind of gunning for Gokaiger.... But Goseiger's decent as well. If they can pull Buredoran off as well as it's Sentai Counterpart did, it might be pretty good.

I just really can't get the whole thing about Toei saying they were refilming the Legend War. If this is true, and we do get Goseiger and Goseiger doesn't turn out to using the anniversary element of Gokaiger, then is Saban really going to let that Footage sit on the Shelf for 2 years before they use it?

I find it very suspicious that they revealed most of the villains including secondary villanious factions as well as the exact specified episode amount for next year. So really we have no clue what is going on. It could just be MegaForce for next year but they're shortening it up so that it can lead into Gokaiger.

GSXT 06/12/12 02:44 PM

black and yellow from land tribe [brother and sister]
blue from sea tribe
red and pink from air tribe [brother and sister]

MattEmily 06/12/12 03:25 PM

What are you talkin' about?

LePage 06/12/12 03:34 PM

Licensing Expo Day 1: Power Rangers Megaforce:

Quote:

Licensing Expo Day 1: Power Rangers Megaforce
June 12, 2012Licensing Expo, Power Rangers, Power Rangers MegaforceComments Off

I’m spending the day at the Licensing Expo. Stay tuned to this article for the latest updates at the event. Today will be hanging out at the Saban Booth and doing a formal pass at the entire expo hall. Tomorrow, I’ll do another pass for any requests posted on RangerCrew.

At precisely 9:30, I immediately ran to the Saban Booth. On my way there, I was thinking to myself “What’s the rush? Megaforce is Goseiger”. I was in a hurry for my interview with the great people at Saban Brands Marketing. I would like to thank them for taking the time to answer our questions. Right before my interview, I noticed something epic on the screen: The Power Rangers Megaforce Brand Teaser. I missed the first half of it, but watched it again after the interview. I will tell you that this is the first time since the Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue Teaser that I was immediately hooked on the product. We’ve seen decent teasers in the past for various seasons as well as marketing attempts for Power Rangers. I was informed not to post photos or discuss the teaser in details. I will say that this was one of the finest teasers that I have seen for Power Rangers. Beautiful usage of Sentai footage, marketing elements, and appropriate content made this as a fantastic tool for showing off the upcoming season.

Stay tuned for the interview within the hour. Finishing up some site work before writing the interview.
http://blog.samuraicast.com/licensing-expo-megaforce/

LePage 06/12/12 04:27 PM

Super Fans and 4Kids:

Quote:

Super Fans

As you may have read in the press releases yesterday, Saban Brands is planning a campaign to acknowledge a group of fans to represent the online community and a series of events that will take place next year. At the moment, there is no formal name for the campaign, so I will coin them as “Super Fans”. Saban Brands appreciates the super fans for their support on the forums and other social media platforms. One particular example that they mentioned was the launching of the new PowerRangers.COM website. The website had several typos and mistakes, but fans sent their immediate feedback to get those resolved.

For the 20th anniversary, Saban Brands plans to interact directly with the Super Fans for a wide variety of events and surprises next year. More information about the campaign will be announced later this year.

4Kids

Saban Brands’ investment into the 4Kids is going to open more opportunities to spread the love for Power Rangers. Despite the heavy promotions on NickToons, the viewer count is fairly limited because not everyone has Nick/NickToons. Fans have been able to see Power Rangers (Samurai, Super Samurai, Jungle Fury, Dino Thunder, and Ninja Storm) on NickToons. This fall, Saban Brands plans to show 1-2 episodes of Power Rangers every Saturday during the 4Kids block. More information will be announced later this year.

Still typing this article up. Megaforce content will be last. Writing up the interview article right now.
http://blog.samuraicast.com/licensing-expo-megaforce/

LePage 06/12/12 05:39 PM

Comic Con and Power Morphicon:

Quote:

Comic Con

Saban Brands will be promoting Power Rangers 20th Anniversary in style at Comic Con! Fans that are attending this event will get the opportunity to check out the upcoming Power Rangers Megaforce teaser. The Cast The Cast Members of Power Rangers: Super Samurai will make an appearance at the event. Bandai and Mattel will be promoting Power Rangers: Samurai collectibles. Mattel will show off the 20th anniversary collectible cars. Did you pre-order the Shout! Factory Box Set? Shout! Factory will be selling exclusive copies of the 40-DVD Box Set for attendees. These DVDs are currently available for pre-order on TimeLife.com. Saban Brands will be hosting fun activities and exclusive giveways at the event.

Power Morphicon

I contacted the Saban Marketing team about Power Morphicon on the initial registration day. I informed them that this would be THE venue to promote the anniversary to their fans. Today, I learned that they have been working with Scott for a MEGA presence at Power Morphicon. My hat goes off to the Scott and the PMC Team for providing this awesome opportunity. When I heard this, I immediately remembered how awesome the original Morphicon was with Bandai’s presence. The Cast Members of Power Rangers: Samurai will attend the event. There is no confirmation on whether the Cast Members of Power Rangers: Megaforce will be at Power Morphicon. Saban Brands plans to make a few major announcements, including the Power Rangers Megaforce teaser. Register today for Power Morphicon!

Mad Dragon 06/12/12 07:17 PM

Quote:

black and yellow from land tribe [brother and sister]
blue from sea tribe
red and pink from air tribe [brother and sister]
Quote:

What are you talkin' about?
That's part of a tribe system that the Goseiger's had. GoseiBlack & GoseiYellow were from the Landick (Land) Tribe, GoseiRed & Gosei Pink were from the Skick (Sky) Tribe and Goseiblue was from the Seaick (Sea) Tribe

MattEmily 06/12/12 08:19 PM

ah, I see.... but that doesn't necessarily meant they'll keep the whole Tribe thing.

LePage 06/12/12 08:37 PM

Pictures from the Licensing Expo:

http://www.samuraicast.com/gallery/t...bum=453&page=1

Mad Dragon 06/12/12 08:47 PM

Eh, they could. It determined the types of attacks that each Goseiger could use. Red & Pink could only used Attacks like Tornados and Lightning Strikes, Black & Yellow could use anything around land (shooting Rocks) and Blue used water-based attacks. But storyline wise, it didn't have much of a prevalence.

MattEmily 06/13/12 04:42 PM

Good news. Gokaiger will still be planned at some point. Mesh over at RangerCrew and Samurai Cast has posted this.

Quote:

You may be wondering why Power Rangers Megaforce used Goseiger rather than Gokaiger, which was an ideal season based on the successful execution of the anniversary concepts. I wasn’t able to get a solid answer for this question.

I spoke with my source today and they had a better answer to this question. Most of our discussion is off-the-record. They are unable to skip a season, which makes sense because Goseiger comes before Gokaiger. Gokaiger fans will be very pleased when the time is right. Unlike the Shinkenger adaptation, Power Rangers Megaforce has gone through an extensive creative process in hopes to deliver a great product for the anniversary. One thing to keep in mind that some decisions are out of their hands. We all know that Nick’s “20 episodes per year” is lame. These are the bottlenecks that they have to work with. Saban Brands have been reading the comments on the forums as one way to get feedback from the fans. I don’t anticipate an EPIC season, but I am looking forward to it. The easter eggs in the two Power Rangers Megaforce Brand teasers indirectly answered that question for me.

LePage 06/13/12 07:57 PM

Power Rangers Megaforce Rangers at Licensing Expo:

Quote:

Power Rangers Megaforce Rangers (suit actors) made their first appearance at the Licensing Expo. For the past two days, the Samurai Suit Actors have been spotted throughout the expo hall. Just as I was about to head back to the Press Room, I ran into the Megaforce Rangers. I would’ve been more excited if they were wearing the Gokaiger suits.

Here are a few photos that I took from the event.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rxdw79.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2afg7dj.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/24x2eso.jpg

I posted more photos of the Power Rangers Megaforce Rangers and the Saban Booth to the Samurai Cast Gallery.
http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...icensing-expo/

LePage 06/14/12 02:38 PM

Press Photos at Licensing Expo:

Quote:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nth7b6.jpg

Teams from Saban Brands and Bandai pose with Megaforce Power Rangers in front of Saban Brands’ booth at the International Licensing Expo, held June 12-14, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. Saban Brands announced at the show that Power Rangers Megaforce will premiere in 2013 and will air as Saban Brands celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ehlwh.jpg

Rangers from each of the 19 seasons of Power Rangers assembled at the Saban Brands Summit, held June 11 at the Four Seasons, Las Vegas, NV. Saban Brands will power up in 2013, celebrating the property’s 20th anniversary and airing Power Rangers Megaforce, the next installment of the series.

I added the photos to Samurai Cast Gallery.
http://blog.samuraicast.com/press-ph...icensing-expo/

Wolf Warrior 06/14/12 04:31 PM

Maybe saban could still work on goseiger and toei could work on gokaiger.

MattEmily 06/14/12 08:15 PM

Why would Toei need to work on Gokaiger? All Toei is required to do is to do whatever Saban asks of them... as long as it's within their contractual agreement.

Wolf Warrior 06/14/12 08:34 PM

Just an idea to keep gokaiger fans happy.

GSXT 06/14/12 10:13 PM

those are goseiger suits

MattEmily 06/14/12 10:48 PM

And? No one is saying they weren't Goseiger suits.

GSXT 06/20/12 10:27 PM

Master head is gosei [mentor to pr megaforce]

MattEmily 06/21/12 09:21 AM

Yup, indeed although Gosei may be a placeholder name.

LePage 07/02/12 03:40 PM

Was browsing RangerCrew and came upon this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury Diamond (Post 993095)
Papercutz will be releasing Power Rangers Megaforce Graphic Novels next year! Special thanks goes to Papercutz for sending me the latest information.
http://www.samuraicast.com/products/novels-prm.php

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/...vel4-cover.jpg

Quote:

Power Rangers Megaforce Issue 3 "Gamer's End"
Ranger Theo heads to a gaming con to cheer one of his buddies. But Creepox is there, and he lures Theo into a back room to show him a new video game that looks suspiciously like the convention floor. Unfortunately for the Rangers, it is not a game at all - the fight is on, and it's being unwittingly controlled by their friend!

Power Rangers Megaforce Issue 4 "Panic in the Park"
Why is the Yellow Ranger missing while her friends engage in an epic showdown with one of Admiral Malkor's minions? Is the villain somehow using the most innocent Ranger as part of an even deadlier plan?
You can now pre-order Issues #3 and #4 on Amazon.
Issue 3: Gamer's End. Releases Jan 8.
Issue 4: Panic in the Parade. Releases April 16.

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...l=1#post993095

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...raphic-novels/

GSXT 07/02/12 08:59 PM

where is true leader of warstar

MattEmily 07/03/12 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSXT (Post 44139)
where is true leader of warstar

We don't know however in regards to the info coming from the novel release

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerCrew's Mesh/FuryDiamond
The video game plot is the theme for the issue not the season.

I spoke to one of my sources and they mentioned that Theo was a placeholder name for one of the Rangers, but won't be in the final version of the show. It may be possible that Papercutz got an old version of the "bible" or that Theo will be the returning Ranger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesh
My source has informed me that Admiral Malkor is the name of the villain. This was previously indirectly confirmed by the Graphic Novel but I wanted to get a second opinion due to the "Theo" placeholder name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerCrew's Mesh
Theo is a placeholder. Confirmed that earlier today. There was also another placeholder name that was used for a recent season of Power Rangers. I'll post that name when I get approval to do so.

I don't mind that they re-used Mike. Common names should be fair game because the probability of multiple Mikes is pretty high. It was lazy to not include a last name.

My sources did inform me that Power Rangers Megaforce will have last names and a city name.

GreenRanger 07/07/12 01:40 PM

Here's an update on Megaforce and what it will be like (thanks to Rangercrew):

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...ersary-season/

Quote:

Power Rangers Megaforce will celebrate the Power Rangers’ milestone in style. An upcoming product on Barnes and Noble describes a few minor concepts from Power Rangers Megaforce.

A comic reader based on the new Power Rangers season–which also happens to be the 20th anniversary of PR!
For centuries, groups of brave warriors known as Power Rangers have been called upon to protect our world from evil. Now, the future of humankind rests in the hands of a few ordinary teens with one extraordinary destiny.
The 20th Season of Power Rangers will include flashbacks, weapons, and characters from previous seasons, and promises to be the most exciting season yet!

Last month, we confirmed more information from Power Rangers Megaforce, which included an original concept that will use the Goseiger suits and elements. In the interview, we also teased that there were some “easter egg” elements that indirectly confirms that this is not a Goseiger translation. Power Rangers Megaforce will utilize anniversary concepts, including cameos and flashbacks. These are concepts that were successfully used in Gokaiger. I am leaning more towards the hybrid concept of Goseiger and Gokaiger with an original story about high school students saving the world.

Saban Brands will publically announce Power Rangers Megaforce next week at San Diego Comic Con.
So it may be like what I have suggested, a hybrid of Goseiger and Gokaiger. If this is true, they may end up skipping Gokaiger altogether and give us the Go-Busters instead of Gokaiger because of the whole Pirate thing bothering many as not being the spirit of Power Rangers.

MattEmily 07/07/12 04:38 PM

Apparently they can't skip Sentai seasons. So they HAVE to use both Goseiger and Gokaiger seasons. There's no way around that.

However apparently they might combine the footage if anything but I guess we'll see come February/March.

But the only stuff that would be usuable would be the Gokai Changes as well as the auxillary Gokai zords.

Of course they could go with the option of just going through with Goseiger footage while creating original footage for the anniversary concept and they could make it a 2-4 year thing, with them eventually taking the anniversary concept into their adaptation of Gokaiger.

I mean they might have to create a lot of the old suits and weapons anyway when it comes to Gokaiger.

GSXT 07/09/12 03:39 PM

make king bidideki in charge of one eye birds in pr megaforce

BatZilla98 07/11/12 02:23 AM

That comic cover looks kinda cool.