Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Sky's dad should have been Wes (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8124)

Time Force Omega 10/20/17 09:06 PM

Sky's dad should have been Wes

The fact his dad wore time force costume peaked my interest. I thought SPD was going to have a TF connection. It would have been better if Sky was Wes' son! Of course they season didn't do anything for me anyway .

Captain Codfish 10/20/17 09:12 PM

Re: Sky's dad should have been Wes

Tha really wouldn't have worked. Plus you would have killed off Wes. The timeline would have not worked. The SPD parents did their experiments in 2001. It is likely the TF powers were connected to SPD somehow. Either as the actual powers or a copy. Sky's dad was not Wes though.

Quantum Hunter 10/20/17 09:38 PM

It would have been a cool connection. But I can't blame them for not going that route.

Summer Is Rich 10/20/17 10:06 PM

They really should have used a different suit. Maybe a suit from an un-adapted Sentai something.

MattEmily 10/20/17 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Force Omega (Post 67697)
The fact his dad wore time force costume peaked my interest. I thought SPD was going to have a TF connection. It would have been better if Sky was Wes' son! Of course they season didn't do anything for me anyway .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 67700)
Tha really wouldn't have worked. Plus you would have killed off Wes. The timeline would have not worked. The SPD parents did their experiments in 2001. It is likely the TF powers were connected to SPD somehow. Either as the actual powers or a copy. Sky's dad was not Wes though.

No Wes shouldn't have been Sky's Dad yes they both wore similar suits but they're not the same suits or powers and yes I agree that it wouldn't have worked plus you'd be killing 1 of the core Rangers which isn't something Power Rangers does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich (Post 67720)
They really should have used a different suit. Maybe a suit from an un-adapted Sentai something.

The suit wasn't the issue the problem was it was too plain they should've added armor to it or something.
They wouldn't have had the rights to an unadapted Sentai.

No Green Spandex 10/21/17 12:02 PM

I would have been fine with it. But thats not the route they decided to take.

Power Sentai 10/21/17 05:27 PM

I don't think SPD was ever supposed to connect to Time Force. In much the same way the Machine Generals aren't the Beetleborgs.

Astronema 10/21/17 05:38 PM

I wonder if A Squad's powers were inspired by the Space team?

Green With Envy 10/21/17 08:40 PM

The idea seems too melodramatic and fanon like for me.

Samurai Forever 10/21/17 08:51 PM

Yes way too melodramatic! If it was a later Saban era season they probably would have done it. ...But the production team under Disney... Understood why that was a bad idea.

MattEmily 10/21/17 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Sentai (Post 67738)
I don't think SPD was ever supposed to connect to Time Force. In much the same way the Machine Generals aren't the Beetleborgs.

exactly much like Snow Monster wasn't supposed to be a new Primator or anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astronema (Post 67746)
I wonder if A Squad's powers were inspired by the Space team?

probably not they likely just felt they were the best helmets for the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Forever (Post 67776)
If it was a later Saban era season they probably would have done it. ...But the production team under Disney... Understood why that was a bad idea.

there's no probably about it they wouldn't have done it since Tzachor hated references.

Lord Zedd 10/21/17 10:13 PM

Its hard to say what another writer would do for a season anyway. Not unless they themselves mention what they would have tried to do. I think Timeranger would have been a huge part of Time Force 's dna! Given Tzachor's preference for using the sentai plots for convience.

MattEmily 10/21/17 10:56 PM

if Tzachor was in charge then he would've enforced a copy-and-paste mandate.

PRangerX 10/21/17 11:00 PM

Seeing as how Amit had to follow Gaoranger fairly closely, I think its like Time Force would have been similar. Plus Judd and Jackie couldn't even change Tzachor's mind enough for their liking. And they had far more seniority a that point.

MattEmily 10/21/17 11:04 PM

not to mention Chip and Jackie left after Time Force since they got sick of him.

PRangerX 10/21/17 11:08 PM

Yeah, they wouldn't have done that if they got their way.

Jen's Revenge 10/21/17 11:51 PM

It probably would have been for the best. Even though it would have been heart wrenching. It would have been dramatic and been a nice connection to the past. And not to mention a more emotional connection to Sky and his father. Since we would have a better connection with his Dad.It also would be a good reason for why Wes couldn't go to the future despite originality dying. History changed to SPD's backstory.

Fanboy Supreme 10/22/17 08:46 AM

His dad was Wes. Its pretty obvious, they just used a different actor . But I'll forgive them because they didn't have me to tell them to use Jason Faunt.

Dic Dubber 10/22/17 10:21 AM

His dad should have been Jason but he should have lived.

Red With Evil 10/22/17 01:43 PM

It would have been a cool if Wes waa connected with Sky. But that doesn't seem to be the case beyond his dad having a similar suit or powers.

Ranger Onyx 10/22/17 06:33 PM

I think it would have made SPD deeper, as well as the pr mythos.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 10/22/17 07:10 PM

Wes left the Guardians after SPD took over. Wes and Eric were both fired and their powers given to someone else. We know Mr. Tate ended up with Wes' powers.