Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 31/01/08 Power Rangers 2009 may be live action afterall. (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2613)

PRangerX 04/06/08 05:10 PM

The problem is the animate series would have to be done without members of the SAG. Which would mean a tottally new group of writers then that of the show. Thats why Tony Oliver couldn't work on it, he enquired about it.

PrimoPiccolo 04/06/08 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX
Thats why Tony Oliver couldn't work on it, he enquired about it.

Tony Oliver = Jason season 2 Red Ranger voice.

Thanks for ruining the joke. ~_~

RangerKing 04/06/08 10:34 PM

It depends on what type of animated route they would go just as a live action show could either be union or non-union.

PRangerX 04/07/08 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 30830)
It depends on what type of animated route they would go just as a live action show could either be union or non-union.

From what I heard, it would have been non union.

RangerKing 04/07/08 06:07 PM

Correct, but my idea of what an animated series should be would require it to be unionized at least in terms of writers.

Sakura3 04/08/08 03:43 AM

I'd rather wait till I see Chapter 32 of Jungle Fury to be sure rather than just go on wild speculaion. However Power Rangers Anime would work better on Jetix. They should let ABC do live action. That way we get both.

RangerKing 04/09/08 10:14 PM

Well you say that because in the states JETIX is hosted on Toon Disney. However, in other countries JETIX is its own channel with live action and cartoons. Also the problem with ABC is you would litterally be down the line in Jan/Feb waiting for the finale which would've normally aired in Novmember. Thank god I bought digital cable...

LePage 08/08/08 09:53 AM

This confirms PR is here to stay: http://www.nztecho.com/index.php?pageID=17

PowerOnyx 08/10/08 02:17 AM

If Power Rangers goes animated then I will no longer watch. Does anyone remember why we watched it in the first place? It was the live-action aspect. A live-action show amongst the flood of cartoons in the 90s.

And looking at Disney's current animation style? No thank you.

And CG to look realistic? Then what's the point?! Just keep it realistic looking by keeping it live-action.

PRangerX 08/10/08 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx (Post 32367)
If Power Rangers goes animated then I will no longer watch. Does anyone remember why we watched it in the first place? It was the live-action aspect. A live-action show amongst the flood of cartoons in the 90s.

And looking at Disney's current animation style? No thank you.

And CG to look realistic? Then what's the point?! Just keep it realistic looking by keeping it live-action.

Power Rangers isn't going animated.