Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did Diabolico really turn good? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7631)

Bansheera's Revenge 10/29/17 08:08 PM

Re: Did Diabolico turn good?

Good question. I think he always considered himself on the right side. His idea of the right side was just different after his Queen forced him to kill Loki and revealed her true colors. I don't think he was ready to become buddy buddy with the Rangers though. This is why I love the LR villains. They were so complicated.

Blastr Zack 10/29/17 08:18 PM

No he was bad to the bone. He just wanted revenge on Bansheera. Once he was through with her, he would have went back to attacking the Rangers if he could.

Diabolico Rising 10/29/17 10:22 PM

He was never going to join the Rangers. I do think he was less evil than he was in the beginning. He was more at a gray area int the end.

Mesagog Lives 10/30/17 02:00 PM

I am going to say no. He truly cared for Loki but he didn't do anything else for altruistic reasons. His goals just happened to be aligned with the Lightspeed Team at the time.

Changeman Returns 10/30/17 03:49 PM

No because his counterpart didn't turn good in GogoV.

White Spandex Rules 10/30/17 04:47 PM

I think he did turn good. He would have no reason to fight the Rangers without the loyalty to Bansheera. He only wanted to conquer Mariner Bay to rebuild her castle.

PRangerX 10/30/17 07:42 PM

Its actually fitting that it was left vague. But its funny how you could argue Diabolico was the true hero from a certain point of view.

MattEmily 10/30/17 08:18 PM

No I don't think he turned good if he could've I think he would've still fought the Rangers he was just full of anger and hatred due to Queen Bansheera destroying Loki.

PRangerX 11/06/17 08:22 PM

Re: Did Diabolico really turn good?

I found an older thread to go with the newer thread, so I decided to merge. Porto is the first post of the second thread .

Turbo Black 11/10/17 07:05 PM

I think he turned good. He no longer wanted to work for Bansheera and saved Carter in the end.

KimandTommy 11/10/17 07:08 PM

Diabollico was evil to the core! Just like Ryan. I don't know why so many fans justify the actions of so many evil villains. It's even more baffling how the writers do it as well. It's pretty clear Kat, Karone, Ryan, Trent, and Tyzonn are all evil!

Edit: Leanbow is evil too.

MattEmily 11/10/17 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 68740)
Diabollico was evil to the core! Just like Ryan. I don't know why so many fans justify the actions of so many evil villains. It's even more baffling how the writers do it as well. It's pretty clear Kat, Karone, Ryan, Trent, and Tyzonn are all evil!

Edit: Leanbow is evil too.

I don't know if Diabolico was evil to the core yes it's true he was a villain but whether he would still fight the Rangers we can't say for certain there are others who we can say were evil like Ecliptor even though he did show loyalty to Astronema and while Villamax himself was evil he wasn't evil to the core ones that were evil to the core would include villains such as Darkonda, Deviot, Mutiny, Bansheera, the Org Generals, the original Master Org and the Underworld Master.

However the rest of who you state they are not evil they were evil but they are no longer evil and us justifying it is as plain as day to anyone who clearly watches the episodes you can't just pick and choose who you believe is evil just because you hate them that much otherwise I could say that Tommy is evil or that Kimberly is evil or Billy or Jason since all of them were under evil spells that made them evil or something happened that forced them to be evil so if you want to say those people are evil then so is Tommy, Kimberly, Billy and every other Ranger who have been placed under spells.

The writers know who is evil and who isn't they're the ones who write the episodes the fact you can't comprehend that is just as baffling as those Saban-obsessed users who can't comprehend that Haim had nothing to do with the show

Bandora's Ghost 11/10/17 09:20 PM

The only ones that were actually on the side of evil of their own free will were Astronema and Ryan. And they both switched to being good. Diabolico was on his own side in the end.

MattEmily 11/10/17 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandora's Ghost (Post 68744)
The only ones that were actually on the side of evil of their own free will were Astronema and Ryan. And they both switched to being good. Dobolico was on his own side in the end.

technically so was Tyzonn but it was just part of an agreement that he made with Moltor under the assumption that Moltor would hold up his end of the bargain but yes you're right about Astronema and Ryan and in both of their cases it's similar since Ecliptor raised Karone like his own daughter so all she learned growing up was from him who was built to be evil and in the case of Ryan he was raised by the demons so in a lot of ways he could be classified as being dead since he was raised by them and because of which he didn't know any better not only that but he was lied to due to Diabolico lying that William Mitchell didn't care about him and that he had allowed him to fall.

KimandTommy 11/11/17 08:06 AM

Thats why Tyzonn was evil. He joined Moltor just so he could look Mercurian again. Which makes him selfish and evil. he only joined the Rangers when he got his original form back.

Leanbow was evil because he helped the Master. And only "turned good" because he loved Udonna and Nick.

Trent was evil because the dark power of his gem brought out his true personality. He also chose to help his evil father by keeping his secret identity from the others.

Ryan was evil because he helped the demons attack innocent civilians just because he thought his dad didn't hug him enough. And then he only jpined Lightspeed so he wouldn't be arrested

Karone was evil because she was Astronema under her own free will. And only jelped the Rangers to save her own hyde. Once the UAE was defeated it was in her best interest to repent. She secretly liked being Cyber Astronema, since it gave her an excuse to be evil and an out if her side lost.

Kat was definitely evil. Her nice girl act was always just that, an act. Rita 's spell just gave her an excuse to be as nasty as she wanted. Rita didn't care if Tommy chose Kat. THe unworthy future Pink Ranger went after Tommy on her own. And was willing to take Kimberly out in the process. Once she fell out of favor with Rita it was in her best interest to join the Rangers.So she convinced Kim to go back to gymnastics. She knew she would leave her to be the new Pink. And Tommy would be hers to manipulated. Just like how she sent him the fake Dear John Letter. She also sabotaged his last date with Heather. Knowing she would never want to see Tommy again if he got called away to fight the Machines. Which was bound to happen.

MMPR Forever 11/11/17 08:22 AM

I agree whole heartily with Kat and Karone. I do think the others were good. They just werent well written characters like the MMPR Rangers who weren't Kat.

Evil Kim 11/11/17 08:28 AM

Actually, I think Kim and Jason both became evil after "Forever Red". They helped to form the new UAE. Any appearances by MMPR Pink or Red in Super Megaforce were not them.

MattEmily 11/11/17 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 68746)
Thats why Tyzonn was evil. He joined Moltor just so he could look Mercurian again. Which makes him selfish and evil. he only joined the Rangers when he got his original form back.

Leanbow was evil because he helped the Master. And only "turned good" because he loved Udonna and Nick. Trent was evil because the dark power of his gem brought out his true personality. He also chose to help his evil father by keeping his secret identity from the others.

Don't be ridiculous yes Tyzonn's reasons for joining Moltor was selfish but to be fair no one would want to look like a monster for the rest of our lives I certainly wouldn't. He would've joined the Rangers either way it had nothing to do with them restoring him to human form.

Leanbow was evil due to the Master's spell and the spells broke because of Udonna and Nick.
Trent was NOT evil the Dino Gem he had was a corrupted gem even Elsa herself had stated that the Gem itself IS EVIL.

Yes he chose to keep Mercer's Mesogog secret but that's because he felt he could figure out how to handle it himself I mean what could the others really do without hurting Mercer in the process? plus it's called a SECRET for a reason you don't blab it to other people no matter how much you trust them.

Quote:

Ryan was evil because he helped the demons attack innocent civilians just because he thought his dad didn't hug him enough. And then he only jpined Lightspeed so he wouldn't be arrested

Karone was evil because she was Astronema under her own free will. And only jelped the Rangers to save her own hyde. Once the UAE was defeated it was in her best interest to repent. She secretly liked being Cyber Astronema, since it gave her an excuse to be evil and an out if her side lost.

I'll give you Ryan's reasons for being evil was being stupid but to be fair if he felt no one loved him then it'd be understandable still that doesn't mean he's still evil and don't forget that he grew up with the demons so the more you hear something on a daily basis the more you're going to believe it also don't forget he was taken when he was just a young kid like maybe 4 or 5. 4 or 5 year olds don't really have a concept of right or young on top of that they have to learn what's right and what's wrong from their Parents and because Diabolico was the one that was raising him he's going to be teaching him bad things. He joined the Rangers because he finally remembered the truth.

Yes Karone was evil under her own free will but again she was kidnapped when she was young and therefore had no concept of good or evil all she knew is what Ecliptor would've been teaching her which would've been evil. That doesn't mean she's truly deep down evil.

Quote:

Kat was definitely evil. Her nice girl act was always just that, an act. Rita 's spell just gave her an excuse to be as nasty as she wanted. Rita didn't care if Tommy chose Kat. THe unworthy future Pink Ranger went after Tommy on her own. And was willing to take Kimberly out in the process. Once she fell out of favor with Rita it was in her best interest to join the Rangers.So she convinced Kim to go back to gymnastics. She knew she would leave her to be the new Pink. And Tommy would be hers to manipulated. Just like how she sent him the fake Dear John Letter. She also sabotaged his last date with Heather. Knowing she would never want to see Tommy again if he got called away to fight the Machines. Which was bound to happen.

Not that ridiculous excuse again. She WAS evil but she's not evil anymore yes her nice girl WAS an act but it wasn't ALWAYS an act she truly broke the spell on her now whether you choose to believe that or not is your own problem. Also don't be ridiculous that she forged the Dear John letter your posts are getting even more ridiculous.

Where are your posts about Tommy being truly evil? Simple you like him so you can't say it but you hate the others so you have no issues with attacking them.

No Green Spandex 11/11/17 11:43 AM

She seems to love Tommy and think he was a hero. Yet he was under an evil spell like most of the Rangers she listed.

White Spandex Rules 11/11/17 11:45 AM

To be fair its hard to say Tommy was evil compared to the others. Granted I don't agree about the othes being evil after they were redeemed or healed.

Massive Ego 11/11/17 11:47 AM

The real answer that she won't tell us is that all the characters she doesn't like are evil to her. She can't just say they are poorly written characters or that she doesn't like them so Kim just takes the easy way out and says they are evil. That and she knows Kat ends up with her precious Tommy instead of PRU Kim.

MattEmily 11/11/17 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 68750)
She seems to love Tommy and think he was a hero. Yet he was under an evil spell like most of the Rangers she listed.

exactly yet one could argue the same thing about him. "Tommy is truly evil and his current act of good is just an act on his part." see how easy it is to make something up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 68752)
The real answer that she won't tell us is that all the characters she doesn't like are evil to her. She can't just say they are poorly written characters or that she doesn't like them so Kim just takes the easy way out and says they are evil. That and she knows Kat ends up with her precious Tommy instead of PRU Kim.

yup that's my point exactly she attacks the ones she hates by calling them evil but if she likes them then they're not evil to her even though she's not making any sense at all you can't just pick and choose who you believe to be evil just because you hate them that much I mean if you hate a fictional character that much that you need to come up with made-up bull crap then you seriously need to find a new hobby.

KimandTommy 11/11/17 04:55 PM

Tommy never tried to go after Billy or any of Kimberly's other ex boyfriends while he was under the spell. He only did what Rita wanted. Rita even made him insult Kim. Which Tommy would never do. The evil sword also made it harder for Tommy to break the spell.

I would have to re-watch DinoThunder. I haven't watched it in years since I don't care about it that much. I am not sure if I even want to rewatch. So I may have to concede that Trent was just a jerk. I really don't care as much about the others, besides Kat. I am really adament that she is evil. I do think the others on the list are evil though.

Its not that I hate the other characters. I just don't care about them all that much. Kat is the only one I do hate for ruining the greatest relationship in tv history. Plus she got to be a Ranger and never paid for her evil deeds. I really hope Zordon's Wave vaporized her.

MattEmily 11/11/17 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Fanatic (Post 68250)
No because his counterpart didn't turn good in GogoV.

his counterpart is irrelevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 68754)
Tommy never tried to go after Billy or any of Kimberly's other ex-boyfriends while he was under the spell. He only did what Rita wanted. Rita even made him insult Kim which Tommy would never do. The evil sword also made it harder for Tommy to break the spell.

I would have to re-watch DinoThunder. I haven't watched it in years since I don't care about it that much. I am not sure if I even want to rewatch. So I may have to concede that Trent was just a jerk. I really don't care as much about the others, besides Kat. I am really adament that she is evil. I do think the others on the list are evil though.

Its not that I hate the other characters. I just don't care about them all that much. Kat is the only one I do hate for ruining the greatest relationship in tv history. Plus she got to be a Ranger and never paid for her evil deeds. I really hope Zordon's Wave vaporized her.

Don't forget that we don't know what Tommy would've done since the other Rangers never had girlfriends/boyfriends in fact Zack, Kimberly and Billy were the only ones who ever had any love interests in the first season and we never saw them during the evil Green Ranger saga.

Trent is not evil or a jerk BUT his "Step-Dad" was certainly a jerk for most of the season.

Kat is NOT EVIL and she had nothing to do with ruining Tommy and Kimberly's relationship the ones who ruined it was Kimberly herself since she wanted to do something for herself and train for the Pan Global Games and her actress; Amy Jo Johnson who wanted to ditch the show to further her career so there's your excuse for Kimberly being evil she was selfish character-wise and actress-wise for wanting to further her career now that is what I would seriously call evil since that was selfish and greedy of her.

Jen's Revenge 11/11/17 06:15 PM

I don't see where any of those characters were evil. Astronema and Ryan only worked eith the enemy of their own free will. But they came around and became good. Kat was a very good person and I liked her better with Tommy than Kim. I can't say I loved the character but she was pretty good.

But on the main topic itself. I don't think Diabolico turned good. If anything he became an anti-hero.

Massive Ego 11/11/17 06:22 PM

Kim wasn't evil but she definitely had more character flaws than Kat. And its telling that she wasn't mature enough for a long distance relarionship with Tommy. Also Kat left the Rangers because Zordon and Dimitria felt it was time for the old Rangers to retire. Kim left for her own personal gain. Even though she had to be "talked into it".

Captain Codfish 11/11/17 06:24 PM

Too be fair neither would most teenagers be ready for that type of relationship. We don't even know if Kat would have been in her place. It was arguably healthier for Kim and Tommy to break up before she left.

MattEmily 11/11/17 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 68759)
I don't see where any of those characters were evil. Astronema and Ryan only worked eith the enemy of their own free will. But they came around and became good. Kat was a very good person and I liked her better with Tommy than Kim. I can't say I loved the character but she was pretty good.

exactly because they're not evil. Karone and Ryan were only evil because that's all they knew so it's a kind of brainwashing but without actually doing anything to the victim except in Ryan's case Diabolico was trying to emotionally damage him but like you said they both came around in the end.

Also exactly Kat is a very good and she is better with Tommy that I agree with as well. Tommy and Kimberly just don't have that electric chemistry that Tommy and Kat do plus Kimberly would've never been brave enough to offer her up as bait as a diversion while he went to get the Zeo Crystal much like Kat did. I didn't think very highly of Kat until at that point which basically has her than Kimberly in my favorite Pink Ranger list.

Evil Kim 11/11/17 06:32 PM

I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which iw probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.

MattEmily 11/11/17 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 68760)
Kim wasn't evil but she definitely had more character flaws than Kat. And its telling that she wasn't mature enough for a long distance relarionship with Tommy. Also Kat left the Rangers because Zordon and Dimitria felt it was time for the old Rangers to retire. Kim left for her own personal gain. Even though she had to be "talked into it".

that she did have more flaws than Kat did and Kimberly wanted to go train for the Pan Global games she was just reluctant about leaving the Ranger team but had a backup plan on standby if the others persuaded her to leave and to not worry about the Rangers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 68761)
Too be fair neither would most teenagers be ready for that type of relationship. We don't even know if Kat would have been in her place. It was arguably healthier for Kim and Tommy to break up before she left.

that's true not to mention Kat had just gotten through who knows how long of being under Rita's control. Tommy and Kimberly should've broken up before Kimberly left for training but why they didn't do that is beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Kim (Post 68766)
I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which iw probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.

I agree that Kat doesn't have much evil potential it's telling that Lord Zedd himself wasn't that crazy about Kat but that he wanted to make Kimberly his new Rita and yes I do agree that those reasons were probably why Rita chose her well that and the fact that Kat was new in the area and therefore no one would've been suspicious of her being under a spel.

Kimmy Repulsa 11/11/17 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Kim (Post 68766)
I think Kim had a lot of negative qualities that contribute to her eventually becoming a villain. But not because I hate the character. I really like Kim as a character. i just think it is an intriguing character development. Kat just doesn't seem to have much evil potential. Which is probably the twisted reason Rita chose her. It amused her to force a pure young woman to be evil.

I like the idea of Kimberly becoming evil too. Her name would be Kimmy Repulsa. I think Rita targeted Kim so much because she knew Kim had evil potential and could become a rival. Plus Zedd had eyes for her once. Which had to make Rita jealous. I could see Rita choosing Kat like you said. She wouldne want to recruit someomee with the potential for evil, since they could become a rival.

Massive Ego 11/11/17 09:26 PM

Kimberly could be annoying but she wasn't evil either nor will she become so. No one will know her true fate since AJJ is probably not appearing in the TV universe anytime soon and if she did it wouldn't be as a villain. I could have seen her playing Rita in the new movie but she would have been a different character and they didn't choose her for the role anyway.

Bonus Ranger 11/11/17 09:40 PM

I like the idea that Diabolico was an anti-hero.

MattEmily 11/12/17 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 68778)
Kimberly could be annoying but she wasn't evil either nor will she become so. No one will know her true fate since AJJ is probably not appearing in the TV universe anytime soon and if she did it wouldn't be as a villain. I could have seen her playing Rita in the new movie but she would have been a different character and they didn't choose her for the role anyway.

yea that she could be annoying but like you said she wasn't evil. We'll never know Kimberly's true fate since AJJ will never appear on the show for the same reasons as Walter Jones and Erin Cahill and yes if she had appeared on the show at this point in time she wouldn't be appearing as a villain to begin with.
That wouldn't have been a bad idea with Amy playing the movie Rita since I thought her Rita impression that was done in-show was awesome and to point but they weren't going to give any actors who had big screen roles on the show a big role for the movie.

Captain Codfish 11/12/17 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 68784)
yea that she could be annoying but like you said she wasn't evil. We'll never know Kimberly's true fate since AJJ will never appear on the show for the same reasons as Walter Jones and Erin Cahill and yes if she had appeared on the show at this point in time she wouldn't be appearing as a villain to begin with.
That wouldn't have been a bad idea with Amy playing the movie Rita since I thought her Rita impression that was done in-show was awesome and to point but they weren't going to give any actors who had big screen roles on the show a big role for the movie.

Its not unprecedented in reboots to recast actors from the originals in minor or major roles. AJJ as Neo Rita could have been possible. I doubt she would have been told to emulate her Rita impression in season 2

I do think the movie crew avoided using old characters in major roles , as they just used JDF and AJJ in those blink if you miss cameos. I also think they wanted to cast a more proven star in the role. Elizabeth Banks had success in Hunger Games. Cranston was cast due to his success in Breaking Bad. The fact he did VA work in the series years before was just a happy coincidence.

Dark Specter's Revenge 11/12/17 06:59 PM

AJJ probably would have been better in the role.

Ryan was a bad character. And made no sense since he was raised by demons and acted like a well adjusted young man. And even seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Dark Specter's Revenge 11/12/17 06:59 PM

double post

Green Spandex Supreme 11/14/17 06:11 PM

No , it was in his best interest to destroy Bansheera.

No Green Spandex 11/15/17 11:44 AM

I do like the idea of Tommy becoming evil. But they would never show that on screen.

MattEmily 11/15/17 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 68787)
Its not unprecedented in reboots to recast actors from the originals in minor or major roles. AJJ as Neo Rita could have been possible. I doubt she would have been told to emulate her Rita impression in season 2

I do think the movie crew avoided using old characters in major roles , as they just used JDF and AJJ in those blink if you miss cameos. I also think they wanted to cast a more proven star in the role. Elizabeth Banks had success in Hunger Games. Cranston was cast due to his success in Breaking Bad. The fact he did VA work in the series years before was just a happy coincidence.

I'm not familiar with other reboots casting originals in minor or major roles sure in a cameo role like we saw with JDF and Amy Jo but anything more than that? I'm not familiar of except for with some animated movies like "The Lion King" for example since in pretty much ALL of its movies the same actor always does Mufasa yes he's even doing him for the upcoming "reboot"

I don't think Bryan doing voice roles on the show really made much of a difference since he just did 2 monsters back in the first season and it's not like people were going to know that unless they could recognize the voice and even still voice actors are kind of like an invisible job I mean unless you do the big roles like Zordon, Alpha 5, Rita, Zedd, Goldar or even Scorpina then no one will really even pay attention to you.

You did Snizzard or Twin Man? No one is going to care about Twin Man they might about Snizzard but not much.