Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Sky's dad should have been Wes (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8124)

MattEmily 10/21/17 09:17 PM

Re: Sky's dad should have been Wes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Sentai (Post 67738)
I don't think SPD was ever supposed to connect to Time Force. In much the same way the Machine Generals aren't the Beetleborgs.

exactly much like Snow Monster wasn't supposed to be a new Primator or anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astronema (Post 67746)
I wonder if A Squad's powers were inspired by the Space team?

probably not they likely just felt they were the best helmets for the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Forever (Post 67776)
If it was a later Saban era season they probably would have done it. ...But the production team under Disney... Understood why that was a bad idea.

there's no probably about it they wouldn't have done it since Tzachor hated references.

Lord Zedd 10/21/17 10:13 PM

Its hard to say what another writer would do for a season anyway. Not unless they themselves mention what they would have tried to do. I think Timeranger would have been a huge part of Time Force 's dna! Given Tzachor's preference for using the sentai plots for convience.

MattEmily 10/21/17 10:56 PM

if Tzachor was in charge then he would've enforced a copy-and-paste mandate.

PRangerX 10/21/17 11:00 PM

Seeing as how Amit had to follow Gaoranger fairly closely, I think its like Time Force would have been similar. Plus Judd and Jackie couldn't even change Tzachor's mind enough for their liking. And they had far more seniority a that point.

MattEmily 10/21/17 11:04 PM

not to mention Chip and Jackie left after Time Force since they got sick of him.

PRangerX 10/21/17 11:08 PM

Yeah, they wouldn't have done that if they got their way.

Jen's Revenge 10/21/17 11:51 PM

It probably would have been for the best. Even though it would have been heart wrenching. It would have been dramatic and been a nice connection to the past. And not to mention a more emotional connection to Sky and his father. Since we would have a better connection with his Dad.It also would be a good reason for why Wes couldn't go to the future despite originality dying. History changed to SPD's backstory.

Fanboy Supreme 10/22/17 08:46 AM

His dad was Wes. Its pretty obvious, they just used a different actor . But I'll forgive them because they didn't have me to tell them to use Jason Faunt.

Dic Dubber 10/22/17 10:21 AM

His dad should have been Jason but he should have lived.

Red With Evil 10/22/17 01:43 PM

It would have been a cool if Wes waa connected with Sky. But that doesn't seem to be the case beyond his dad having a similar suit or powers.