PDA

View Full Version : Echoes of Evil Episode Discussion

MattEmily
01/25/18, 11:11 AM
Here's the discussion thread for this Saturday's new episode.

VR Master
01/27/18, 12:03 AM
Finally some new episodes.

Massive Ego
01/27/18, 05:52 PM
I tried to watch and give the show its millionth chance. But as soon as the fart jokes started... It was just too much for me. Maybe I will try and finish the episode later. But man will that be a chore.

Astro Omega
01/27/18, 05:53 PM
So is Madame Odipus the confirmed main villian now? I like that since she was the most interesting villian in Ninja Steel anyway.

Sledge's Bounty
01/27/18, 05:55 PM
Sledge sighting!

Man what a surprise seeing Sledge ane his crew again. Its not often that we get cameos like this. But its even more interesting since Dino Charge seems like its own universe. Too bad we couldn't get more of them.

Byron Stinger
01/27/18, 05:56 PM
I didn't expect that either. But are they from the altered timeline or the original DC timeline? The whole wormhole thing confuses me.

Massive Ego
01/27/18, 05:57 PM
Wait that dumbass Sledge came back? Now I really " can't wait " to finish the episode.

Galvanax Rises
01/27/18, 06:01 PM
So is Galvanax coming back or is he really gone?

Astro Omega
01/27/18, 06:01 PM
I would say yes but Sledge just made a cameo so who knows.

MMPR Forever
01/27/18, 06:03 PM
What a great episode. It waa very fun. Not a big fan of Sledge but it was a creatkve cameo. Ninja Steel continues to be the best take off MMPR has ever had. Its my favlrkte American Toku since MMPR. Even if it would be nice to have a true MMPR season 4. But thats another thread.

Inner Senshi
01/27/18, 06:04 PM
What a great episode. It waa very fun. Not a big fan of Sledge but it was a creatkve cameo. Ninja Steel continues to be the best take off MMPR has ever had. Its my favlrkte American Toku since MMPR. Even if it would be nice to have a true MMPR season 4. But thats another thread.

Thank You! Finally someone gets that topic drift isn't good.

MattEmily
01/28/18, 01:27 AM
So is Madame Odipus the confirmed main villian now? I like that since she was the most interesting villian in Ninja Steel anyway.

yes she is on both counts although I do find Cosmo interesting too.

I didn't expect that either. But are they from the altered timeline or the original DC timeline? The whole wormhole thing confuses me.

dunno since from what I'm getting is when they went into the wormhole I'm thinking that Sledge was the one who went into the Ninja Steel dimension while Dino Charge went back in time to deal with the Sledge that was in that time period.

So is Galvanax coming back or is he really gone?

hard to tell. The Ninja Steel finale used his Ninninger Final Battle so it's possible he won't since Odious doesn't even like him and wouldn't be willing to do anything for him and we haven't seen any instances of any of their villains coming back have we?

yup it was a great ep and it was very fun. I don't like Sledge either but it was a creative cameo. Yes that may be for another thread but going off topic in a thread is allowed here.

Thank You! Finally someone gets that topic drift isn't good.

but you don't make the rules here only us Admins (meaning only me, PRangerX and Zabitan) do so I would suggest you stop whining about it. Don't like it? Tough. Stop complaining. Topic drifting is allowed here and you won't be changing that the only thing you're doing is adding to the annoyance of us Admins and that's not a pleasant place to be.

No Green Spandex
01/28/18, 12:30 PM
Glad to see MMPR Forever isn't drifting away on an Iceberg. But I guess we are now Matt.

mbozzo
01/28/18, 03:29 PM
'Echoes Of Evil' is a fair episode. We got Sledge back, but he's not the main villain of this season. Victor and Monty created an anti-monster gas, but it didn't work. The rangers got their powers back, and Mick came back as well. I just wish he came with a girlfriend for this season. It may not be the best episode, but it's a good restart. I hope that this season will get better, even if I doubt it. :o

Bansheera's Revenge
01/28/18, 03:37 PM
I wonder why they bothered having the Rangers lose their powers last season if they were just going to get them back?

MattEmily
01/28/18, 04:05 PM
I wonder why they bothered having the Rangers lose their powers last season if they were just going to get them back?

probably so they had a good "cliffhanger ending"

Astro Omega
01/28/18, 04:07 PM
It would have been nicer if it was harder for them to get their powers back.

Sentai Master
01/28/18, 04:41 PM
The epislde just felt like another episode of Ninja Steel. It wasn't horrible. It just didn't feel like a real premiere. I give them credit for the Sledge Crew cameo. That was rsther clever and unexpected. Did anyone see that coming?

PRangerX
01/28/18, 05:53 PM
Here is a Den of Geek review for the episode.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/power-rangers/270542/power-rangers-super-ninja-steel-episode-1-review-echoes-of-evil

KimandTommy
01/29/18, 01:59 PM
'Echoes Of Evil' is a fair episode. We got Sledge back, but he's not the main villain of this season. Victor and Monty created an anti-monster gas, but it didn't work. The rangers got their powers back, and Mick came back as well. I just wish he came with a girlfriend for this season. It may not be the best episode, but it's a good restart. I hope that this season will get better, even if I doubt it. :o

I mostly agree. It was a c level episode.

I Love Lothor
01/29/18, 07:34 PM
I love the Victor and Monty stuff. It was very funny. The rest of the episode was good enough. I don't know if Odious can carry things on the villian side.

Captain Codfish
01/29/18, 08:38 PM
It was a let down in a a lot of ways, after what had been a very good finale. Having the Rangers easily regain their powers just felt like a cop out. The storyline felt like it should have been used for another Super megaforce situation. Meaning a team that changes powers in the second season. Victor and Monty was annoying.

I will say the Sledge cameo was creative. Also I am interesting to see what Madame Odious is up to.

Saban Fan
01/30/18, 07:33 PM
Saban must have made the call to do things differenrly than the Sentai this year. Since Madam Odious is now the main villain. I guess Saban feels she is a better character to build around.

MattEmily
01/30/18, 08:16 PM
It would have been nicer if it was harder for them to get their powers back.

perhaps but it's more difficult to do that when you have a deus ex machina device that can pretty much spit out Ninja Stars whenever it wants to as long as it has the Ninja Steel (or Ninja Super Steel) to do so

Massive Ego
02/02/18, 01:01 PM
Well I finished the episode and it eas actually worse than I thought it would be. Which is quite the achievement.

Sledge was a moron, so I am not at all awed at his nonsensical cameo.

MattEmily
02/02/18, 03:29 PM
Sledge was never all that to begin with

Poweranimals
02/18/18, 08:56 AM
So each season is in another dimension from here on out? What are the rules we're working with? I know they're kinda just making it up as they go along but some kind of consistency would be nice.

It was cool to see Sledge and crew show up regardless and be the ones who fix Odius' ship. I'm guessing/hoping this isn't the last we've seen of him.

I'm kinda curious if Dane is just going to disappear into the background now that he's alive.

So, they just got back from summer vacation? I guess that means it's been 9 months since the last episode.

How does Preston have magic when the Prism is destroyed?

Some cool moments but it seemed like it didn't do much but bring things back to the status quo.

At least Odius had a somewhat decent plan to turn the prism evil. Although, one does have to wonder why she didn't do it while it was on the Warrior Dome for 10 years. I guess she didn't want Galvanax to have control of it.

Poweranimals
02/23/18, 11:14 PM
So I was watching this episode again (Don't ask why) and I was wondering why the statue of Victor that he donated to the school was in the park. I didn't notice previously that it was the same statue.