PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers The Movie has its director

PRangerX
04/10/15, 09:37 PM
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-reboot-dean-israelite-1201470539/

Sounds interesting. I wonder what his presentation was. Sounds like they were impressed.

Green Alien Ranger
04/10/15, 09:38 PM
I would feel better with a more experienced director but maybe he will surprise us.

Dayu's Tears
04/10/15, 09:41 PM
Sometimes its better to have some one newer with fresh ideas.

No Green Spandex
04/10/15, 11:28 PM
Just glad to see some news. This is the first big domino to fall.

Captain Codfish
04/10/15, 11:30 PM
This guys sounds like he might be a good hire. Hard to tell until the movies comes out of course.

Gosei Gold
04/11/15, 12:36 PM
Why does it have to be a mmpr movie? Why not do a Dino Charge Movie?

Lightspeed Omega
04/11/15, 12:38 PM
I would like to see a Lightspeed Movie.

Lightspeed Zeo
04/11/15, 12:39 PM
I'm greedy I want a Lightspeed and Zeo movie. lol

Starlight Starbrite
04/11/15, 12:43 PM
Sign me up for a Space Movie. But lets get the MMPR movie right first. We don't want to put the cart before the horse. They have to make sure the new movie is successful first. MMPR is whats known to the general public. Not anything else.

PRangerX
04/11/15, 12:54 PM
The new movie needs to be in its own universe. This is an attempt to create a blockbuster movie franchise to apeal to a gener audience. MMPR is what people think of when they think PR. The movie shouldn't be part of the tv pru. Let the movie franchise and the tv franchise be in separate continuity.

With all the talk of expanded universes since Marvel has done so well with its cinematic universe....It wouldn't surprise me to see PR to eventually try the same thing. There are plenty of ideas for separate Ranger team. PRIS would make a lot of sense since it could take place in outer Space and be its own thing. Plus the space thing would sell. A studio might go for that due to the success of Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

I do agree that they have to get the mmpr reboot going first. Rushing to do an expanded universe would be a mistake. We have seen Sony make that mistake with the spiderman movies. Establish the mmpr movie brand first. Its a risk to try and grow the brand too fast and water it down. Not like there already isnt an abundance of superhero movies.

MattEmily
04/11/15, 04:40 PM
Why does it have to be a mmpr movie? Why not do a Dino Charge Movie?

to cash in on the nostalgia since ask anyone whether they were a fan of Power Rangers or not and the first thing they'll tell you is that they know of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but nothing else in fact even some media today still refer to it as "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" regardless of what team they're referring to.

Captain Codfish
04/11/15, 05:31 PM
It would have been like doing a transformers movie and not basing it on G1.

Decepticon
04/11/15, 05:34 PM
So glad that we didn't up with a director like Micheal Bay. Would hate to go through that crap again. Bad enough he ruined Transformers.

PRangerX
04/11/15, 06:11 PM
The Wrap did an article as well.
http://www.thewrap.com/dean-israelite-in-negotiations-to-direct-power-rangers-movie-for-lionsgate-exclusive/

The interesting part is that they say he is a huge fan of PR. Which really makes me feel good. A professional film maker that understands the franchise would be exactly what we need. I like the fact he is an up and comer instead of a big name.

PRangerX
04/14/15, 11:28 AM
http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-12/power-rangers-reboot-just-found-director-no-its-not-joseph-kahn

Blastr has an article up now.

Its funny how they act like everyone wants a Power/Rangers type storyline.

Decepticon
04/14/15, 11:31 AM
The Micheal Bay school comment makes me nervous.

No Green Spandex
04/14/15, 11:35 AM
So aparently the most recent medicore seasons has brought down the franchise? Hasn't PR always been a medicore show?

MattEmily
04/14/15, 02:42 PM
It would have been like doing a transformers movie and not basing it on G1.

or a better example is doing a Digimon Movie and not basing it on the originals. Basically everything when it comes to making movies for the first time in a long time for a franchise that hasn't made movies of it in awhile it's all about a certain 1 word called marketability. MMPR is the most well known team ever in the history of the franchise so it only makes the most sense to start with them.

Phantom Stranger
04/14/15, 05:23 PM
I don't like how they are insinuating that Power Rangers needs to be tottally redone to be successful. Obviously there will have to be changes. But acting like we have to make a movie successful in spite of it being PR is foolish. And seems prettt insulting to me.