PDA

View Full Version : Slowly but surely:Power Rangers detaching from Nick

RawkRanger
10/24/14, 10:22 PM
And NO this isnt a doomsaying thread.

Many international channels are starting to get exclusive airing rights over Nick. I think this is because Saban/Marvista feel them can give more exposure for the franchise.

I wonder if Saban is starting to feel the same about Nick USA.

MattEmily
10/24/14, 10:32 PM
I'm hoping you're right but the question is... where can Saban Brands go to if they no longer want Power Rangers to be on Nickelodeon?
Any other option will damage the audience further since Cartoon Network doesn't do too well with live action shows.
Discovery Family would severely damage the show's reach since on most providers it's a digital cable channel only.
Disney would never want it on any of their networks, they were so willing to get away from it that they were willing to sell it back to Saban, something that Disney typically NEVER does with a property that they have.

PRangerX
10/24/14, 11:18 PM
I dont see Saban Brands trying to leave Nick. Nick is a powerful network and there really isnt a better option. Pr still needs a strong tv partnership and there is really no money in starting a new network.

I would say they just found better options internationally but I dont think it will effect their US deal.